ok, so in the userinfo of this community, i think links should be in categories (duh!)
but i need help from you all to give me the links.
categories for links (let me know if you think of other categories)
1. basic crochet "how to" linkshttp://www.stitchguide.comhttp://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php
2. advanced crochet "how to" links
3. crochet inspiration:
c. freeform (art, avant garde)http://www.prudencemapstone.comhttp://www.scrumbling.com.au/http://www.crochetlab.com
4. good places to get yarn:
a. commercial yarn (cheap)
b. commercial yarn (more expensive and high quality)http://www.halcyonyarn.com/http://www.habutextiles.com
c. handspun yarn (traditional)
d. handspun one-of-a-kind art yarnhttp://www.pluckyfluff.comhttp://www.pinkpeppercorns.comhttp://www.fuzzybumblebee.comhttp://www.mypapercrane.com/shop/
5. other useful crochet lj communities:scrumbling
6. i will make a post that everyone can comment to that would like to give out their URL to their website that has crochet or yarn related things. i will make a link to that post here (in the #6 category of the userinfo). and people can click in the userinfo, go directly to that link and see all the places they can visit.
also, it would be helpful if i can be alerted if any of the links god bad so i can delete those comments so everything in that post can remain up to date so people aren't just clocking links that go nowhere:
here is the link:http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochetcrochet/1755.html
7. places to sell your stuff
8. any other categories you can think of?
also i'm not really sure how tags work, i've never used them, but it was brought to my attention that adding tags to ones post would be a good idea so everything will be more searchable. i don't know what anyone thinks of that idea, but thought i'd throw that out there.
we will make this a very efficient, smooth running, useful, and inspirational place to be , i am hoping!